Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Nominalization/Writing Style

I can't say I've noticed nominalization in texts I've read, but then again, I never knew what it was. Plus I'm a sophomore in Animal Science, so I haven't taken many ANS courses that involve extensive reading. But now that I know what it is, I will most likely find it in some of my readings. 
I would say that this class has definitely affected my writing. I now carefully consider what I'm going to write before I write it. I also take less chances now, like if I think something might be grammatically incorrect, I leave it out. Therefore I think I've been simplifying things. I'm sure that by the end of the course I will be more comfortable taking chances, but right now, I'm pretty wary. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home